Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Julep

Thanks to an ever so stylish friend, I’ve just joined Julep.com and become a Julep Maven. For $20 a month I get 3 nail polishes selected for me based on a short quiz. Since she recommended me, I got my first set free! Julep has amazing colors and I’ve heard wonderful things about their FreedomPolymer Top Coat, so I can’t wait to try it out! Plus I get a 20% discount on all my orders.
My style profile is It Girl. My first set contains Isla, a shimmery white, Mila a glittery charcoal, and Bette, a bright purple. I can definitely transition into fall with these. 
Julep It Girl Starter box: Bette, Mila, and Isla

Speaking of fall colors, I am not at all surprised that the hues from last year are returning. This fall we’ll see the classic black, along with other dark colors like oxblood, eggplant, and navy. Greens are coming back all over the spectrum, from deep army to bright chartreuse. Neon will stay through fall, especially in orange, cobalt, and purple. Metallic and glitter polishes continue to make a huge comeback, especially in neutral shades. The natural nail will never go out of style, and try a matte top coat over a nude or neutral polish for an even more natural look. While nail art won’t be as outrageous as it has been this summer, the French manicure alternatives are getting more and more bold. Experiment with color combinations on the tips, or try a reverse French manicure with metallic or glitter crescents.
Favorite nail polish brands: Deborah Lippmann, Essie, Julep, Illamasqua
While summer’s still around, I’m going to put some serious time into nail art. And I may never put away my white polish (my newly discovered favorite color of all time. White is the new black?). My favorite combination is white and gold. Maybe not the most bold of statements, but definitely glamorous.
What’s your nail polish look of the summer? What are you going to try in the fall? Take a look at some inspiration below!
Xoxo,


Asia  

Illamasqua Cameo

Illamasqua Radium

Essie Bobbing for Baubles - probably the best navy out there
Reverse glitter French manicure

Bold french manicure colors!

Reverse French manicure - a new take on navy

images courtesy of pinterest.com

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I love it:)

    Win a pair of sunglasses:
    http://theprintedsea.blogspot.com/2013/08/glasses-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete