Thursday, September 5, 2013

Tres Buns! How to get the best ballerina bun.





I love the ballerina bun. It’s my BFF on a bad hair day, and depending on whether it’s neat or messy (and the size and height), it can really make a statement. There are different options for creating the bun, from wrapping your hair around itself to using a sock. Find the best way that works for you, depending on the length and thickness of your hair. I prefer the foam donuts which come in different sizes and colors and are extremely versatile and easy to use. Different bun makers can be picked up very cheaply at H&M, Forever 21, eBay, or even drugstores. 

My tips for the perfect bun:
  • 1.       Brush hair out to create volume. My hair is thin and curly so this is a must for me.
  • 2.       Brush hair back into a high pony tail. I often spray a little hair spray around my hair before brushing it back, or use a little water to smooth it down. Secure with an ouchless elastic to prevent tangles!
  • 3.       Use a bun maker if you have to – make sure to match the color of your bun. My hair is ombre, so my donut is a different color than the rest of my hair! 
  • 4.       If the bun doesn’t feel secure enough, use a few bobby pins to make it stay. Again, match your hair.
  • 5.       When I’m done, I brush back flyaways with a John Freida flyaway touch up tamer. I love the flyaway tamer and use it all the time. Check it out here
  • 6.       Spritz a little hairspray, and voila! 

Here are some more great tips for getting the perfect bun (from Pinterest):



There are lots of different looks one can achieve with the ballerina bun. Here are some examples of different bun styles:

The Classic: 


The Braided Bun: 

The Wraparound:
And the Messy Bun: 
You can also dress up your bun with accessories! Here are some of my favorite looks from Pinterest for 
accessorizing your bun. 
                                           





I love the statement a big bow makes!

How do you rock your bun? Big and high? Low and messy? Try some different styles! 

xoxo, 

Asia 


No comments:

Post a Comment